After having a rather vague “About” page for over a year, I decided to update it. Several new readers have joined me on this journey, so thank you and welcome. So here’s my story.
Substitute teaching, writing and helping out on the farm have been a good combination for me so far. I have been able to rest as needed, and as a result, I am doing much better than I was a few months ago in regards to health. I’ve made some positive life changes as well, such as:
- switching from showers in the morning to showers in the evening, which has helped me sleep better
- making time for reading books
- stopping along the road to take pictures, even if I feel self-conscious about it
- disconnecting from my phone earlier in the evening
- discovering the best time to wake up and get up (my golden hour to get up used to be 5 a.m.; I discovered last week that is no longer true since I consistently go to bed around 11)
- trying to be routine-oriented without missing out on adventures
- eating smaller meals more often throughout the day.
My focus also has been on positive thinking. Too many times, I’ve found myself trying to throw a complaint party for one, especially in regards to finances. Outside-the-box thinking has been needed for this transition.
So I have been using the skills I possess. Several of my photographs are available for sale, including subjects such as winter scenes, Jamaica and animals. I am seeking out freelance writing opportunities and am using my teaching skills to serve as a substitute teacher for a school district that is much in need of them.
That’s the update for now. I hope to return to your regularly scheduled blog post on Tuesday, and even start to publish my writing on Fridays. I am slowly working into this thing called an editorial calendar….
In the meantime, if you’re interested in receiving emails when I publish a new post, click on the red button under “Follow blog via email” at the bottom of this page. That way, you won’t miss a single story!
Thanks for reading!